Visit the Basque Country
Discover the Basque Country
The Basque Country is a region rich in activities, nature and other sublime landscapes. Only a few minutes from our campsite, you will find Saint-Jean-De-Luz, Bidart, Guéthary, Biarritz to discover the Basque coast. As well as Espelette, Sare,Ainhoa some of our villages to visit in the inner Basque Country.
You can also visit Bayonne and enjoy its festivities. Not forgetting the city of Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port with its citadel and the thermal baths of Cambo-les-Bains.
Want to make a jump to Spain? Count on only 15 minutes by car!
Go to the markets of Saint-Pée-Sur-Nivelle, Espelette, Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Sare, for example! A non-exhaustive list of our main traditional markets.
Places to see in the Basque Country
There is no shortage of must-do activities and visits in the Basque Country.
Spend a stay at our campsite in the Basque Country and take the opportunity to visit the town of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, the small fishing port of Guéthary, the town of Biarritz, Bayonne and its masterpieces signed by Vauban, the bay of Hendaye and the Château d’Abbadia and Fontarrabia on the Spanish border.
You can’t leave without discovering:
- Espelette for its spiciness
- Ainhoa, Sare and Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port the most beautiful Basque villages
- The Isturitz and Oxocelhaya Caves: prehistoric relics, discover cave art and take majestic photos!
- The Villa Arnaga in Cambo-Les-Bains classified as a historical monument
- Kakuetta’s gorges
Things to do in the Basque Country
Spend a stay in our campsite in the Basque Country and take part in the férias of the Basque Country: celebrate and enjoy countless activities such as the Bayonne festivals or the ham fair!
Hike in our beautiful Basque mountains, don’t missthe Rhune the most mythical peak of the Basque country, on foot or by small train and walk along the coastal path and discover a magnificent view of the ocean!
Taste the numerous Basque specialities :
- the Basque cake with cream or cherries from Itxassou,
- the piperade,
- sheep’s cheese
- the famous poulet basquaise
- and don’t forget to bring some Espelette pepper
The most beautiful beaches on the Basque coast
Learn to surf on one of our beautiful beaches on the Basque coast:
- The “Grande Plage” of Hendaye
- Cénitz at Guéthary
- The “Grande Plage” of Biarritz
- The beach of Lafitenia
- The great beaches of Anglet
or bask in the sun on the beaches of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Ciboure and Socoa.